Have you been searching for a way to endlessly stream your favourite anime? Crunchyroll is here to save the day for you. Now you no longer have to worry about illegally watching Anime. Crunchyroll is an American company that allows seamless viewing of Anime and Manga videos, along with Drama, Music, and various other electronic entertainment.
Crunchyroll has turned into a popular and most-loved online community of anime and manga fans worldwide. Anime fans know how difficult it is to find videos online or to find a legit streaming service. With Crunchyroll, people all over the world can now watch uninterrupted Anime and live-action TV shows. Ever since it was launched, Crunchyroll has been a successful American Anime streaming service that also has East Asian Pop Music.
Legal Way To Streaming Anime Videos With Crunchyroll
- You can watch Anime on Crunchyroll for free with Ads or if you pay a subscription fee, you won’t be interrupted by ads and you also get additional benefits.
- Crunchyroll is an exclusive anime streaming tv service that you won’t find elsewhere like on Amazon or Netflix.
- The premium subscription for Crunchyroll starts at $6.95 per month that also gives you access to comics along with Anime and Manga videos.
- The content on Crunchyroll is separated into two broad categories namely, ‘Drama’ and ‘Anime’.
- The videos in Crunchyroll can be viewed in HD 1080p, 720p, and ED 480p quality.
- There is also Japanese band music on Crunchyroll, including the likes of Babymetal and Puffy AmiYumi.
- There is also a Crunchyroll store that you can visit to purchase tons of Anime-related goodies such as Blue-Ray DVDs, and figurines.
- If you’re using Crunchyroll for free, it can seem annoying when the full-screen ads pop up in the middle of streaming. This is fixable only with a paid subscription.
- For Premium Membership. You can pay the amount using your debit/credit cards, or PayPal balance.
- Crunchyroll recently partnered with another Anime service Funimation and this has added more Anime to their collection.
Other Interesting Features Of Crunchyroll
- The Premium Subscription of Crunchyroll is available for a trial period of 14 days for you to experience free streaming of all drool-worthy anime and manga videos and decide whether you want to pay to subscribe.
- Video quality can be manually selected according to preference. High definition streaming may depend on your subscription.
- An interesting feature of Crunchyroll is that you can watch a random anime by clicking on the dice logo. But beware of this feature since you need to turn on the mature content filter before you start streaming around kids or at work.
- You will be able to watch all the popular anime titles like Naruto and Bleach on Crunchyroll and there are hundreds of episodes to choose from.
- On the downside, you may find that titles like One-Punch Man, Pokémon, Ghost in the Shell, and Studio Ghibli movies are missing from the list.
- Crunchyroll’s streaming service is available on major game consoles, devices like Apple TV, Pixel, iPhone, Windows Phone, and on streaming services like Google Chromecast and Roku Premiere+.
Downsides Of Crunchyroll
Unlike its elite counterparts Netflix and Hulu, the Crunchyroll streaming service has several downsides which make users wonder if it’s worth spending time and money on. One major downside to Crunchyroll is its incompetent search feature which displays garbage results for certain shows that are not in its database.
Suppose you search for an Anime that’s not present on Crunchyroll, the search shows results like Wikipedia Links, or irrelevant links to other websites and this can seem frustrating and confusing to viewers.
Another disadvantage of using Crunchyroll is that most of the Anime does not have dubs. Also, some anime seem to be blocked due to unavailability of licenses. Another crucial aspect of the Crunchyroll streaming service is the absence of good customer support. Any service without good customer support is genuinely not worth paying for.
But when it comes to unlimited Anime and Manga streaming, viewers seem to be ready to compromise on customer service as well. Fortunately, Crunchyroll does have FAQ forums and communities where you can post queries, although overall customer support is very limited.
The Big Question, Is Crunchyroll Worth The Money?
Crunchyroll does have all the big Anime titles. But there have been numerous complaints by viewers about streaming quality. You can access the entire Crunchyroll Library for just $7, which is a fair price when you think about it. But you may have to bear with playback issues and the occasional crashing of the streaming software on certain devices. To answer the main question, yes!
Crunchyroll is worth paying $7 for, although it does come with occasional issues that you may need to tolerate.
However, users have reported that they were unable to cancel the Premium Subscription and their credit cards/banks kept getting repeatedly charged even after contacting customer support for cancellation/refund.
Let’s Get To The Fun Part
The episodes on Crunchyroll are all available in translation and you can spend hours lost watching your favorite shows. Unlimited Anime streaming was unimaginable a few years ago but thanks to services like Crunchyroll, Anime fans can’t seem to get over their excitement.
There are two subscription options, Premium and Premium+. The benefits of availing these services include access to all anime and drama within an hour of airing, and Manga Live streaming on all devices. The Premium subscription is said to unlock features like special discounts on DVDs from Crunchyroll’s Daily Deal Program, and super-fast VIP Support but you will never know unless you subscribe, whether these claims are true.
The merchandise available on the Crunchyroll store is from reputable Publishers like Aniplex USA and PonyCan USA, that Crunchyroll has partnered with.
Anime fans all over the world can’t stop gushing over Crunchyroll’s large collection of Anime and Manga content so much so that they’re willing to overlook its flaws and go ahead with Premium subscriptions. Overall, If you don’t want to risk paying the $7 subscription fee, you can always take the 7-day free trial and cancel the subscription at the end of the trial period. The best advice for Anime fans would be to use Crunchyroll’s free service, sit back, relax, and enjoy unlimited anime streaming as long as you’re willing to put up with the ads that pop up frequently.